Use Winter Break to finish strong with your College Apps!
Thursday, December 10, 2020
Prospective college students are well aware of the January deadlines looming ahead. Use the Winter Break to get things done!
In less than a month, prospective college students around the country will be asked to submit their college applications.
At the moment, many prospective college students have plates that are full to the brim with end-of-the-semester assignments, projects, essays, extracurricular activities and more. It is no surprise, then, when college apps are placed somewhat on the back burner throughout the last weeks of the high school semester.
The winter break that is about to start presents a great opportunity for prospective college students to get their work done!
Start by creating a list of everything you need to get done during the winter break!
- Do you need to finish your personal statements?
- Did you finish your Common Application?
- Have you finished some supplement application materials, but not others?
- Did you request that your SAT or ACT scores be sent to the colleges and universities you are applying to that are asking for them?
- Have you requested your Recommendation Letters?
Then, create your own schedule!
Don't forget to take regularly scheduled breaks
Remember to set aside some time BEFORE submission to review each college app.
- All information is completed and correct
- Essays are completed with their final versions
- No errors in your activity list or self-reported scores
- No spelling errors